http://mormon.org/

Saturday, October 23, 2010

SURFING IN THE MOONLIGHT--EVERYBODY'S FEELING WARM AND BRIGHT

Yesterday was a day of all days.  I got up early and worked, went to class, came home, spent time with Robbie, went back to class, went to Nanny the Lee's, played, made cookies, made dinner, cleaned, put them in the shower, put them down for a show, and left there after 7:45.  Nonstop since 4:45am.
Poppy and Robbie picked me up from Haula and the night sky was gorgeous.  It was a Hawaii night sky like I always remembered it. Full moon and huge lit up clouds.  We were being goofy in the car singing oldies to the tune and at the end of the drive, we just knew we couldn't stay inside tonight.
Night surfing was the only option.  I remember doing it once before.  We went to turtle bay with a bunch of random people and it was a ball.
I was back but this time with my husband and our best friends.  I always enjoy watching Rob's performance when we are out surfing.  Surfing is definitely one of the things that made me fall in love with the kid.  He's so clean with such a well accomplished style.  Going with Blakey and Poppy will always be a life long thrill.  Blakey is just so amped on any conditions.  By the way he describes it, you are always on the best waves of your life.  With Poppy, I can take off on any wave of choice.  (We party waved a few of them.)  Robin was there and I was so glad that another girl was going!  This girl is unafraid.  We surfed our little hearts out and ended the night with a hot tub sesh.
The conditions were glassy.  No wind.  Nobody out. Soft beautiful. Surfable.  Warm.  Best night of the semester by far!

1 comment: