http://mormon.org/

Monday, August 16, 2010

August 15, 2010: Open-water Swims

  A few weeks ago I decided to go for an open water swim with the Masters.  All I knew was that it started at five thirty on Moonlight Beach.  Robbie and I rushed to get there and I was really excited about doing it.    I figured I would go for a swim just goggles and a swimsuit.  When I got down there, I realized most of these people about to swim were professional triathletes.  There I was in my little racing suit while all these people had really nice triathlete wetsuits.


    Robbie was still parking the car and was putting on his wetsuit when the group went out.  I didn't know wether or not he would get in.  I went when everyone else started their water entries but on the way out to the buoi, I noticed that the water was very clear and everyone was a good distance ahead of me already.  My mind could not stop thinking about other things that were also swimming in the water with me.  I became very nervous and went in hoping that Robbie would swim out there with me.  I didn't know it but he was on my tail end following me.  He ended up doing the whole swim while I sat on the beach being a scaredy-cat.
     After watching this youtube that was filmed this summer in San Onofre, I feel a little justified.  Maybe I'll get in and do it before we head back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment