http://mormon.org/

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Auugust 12,2010: Another Reason Why to DIY

     Nothing can top tart yogurt flavor at any of the frozen yogurt chains.  Tart with fruit is my absolute favorite. I can't seem to go in those joints without getting myself half the cup full of fruit--especially kiwi.  Recently I really am enjoying an addition of chocolate chips and almonds.  As the toppings stack up so does the price.  I thought I would be beating the system this time as I figured out a way to get myself a great deal.  I figured that I could run in and fill the cup up with yummy tart yogurt and then go home and top it myself.  All my favorite toppings are sitting in our fridge anyway.
     I figured Robbie would already be home from work and want some too so I made it extra big.  Unfortunately it still came out to about $8.00 and half of it melted in the San Diego summer heat on the way home.  I knew I could make the tart myself by running to Trader Joe's and getting the Greek Yogurt and then put it into our ice cream maker with 1/2 cup sugar but I didn't want to wait so long.  It would have been half the price.  Oh well.  Guess I'll have to do that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment