http://mormon.org/

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grapefruit & the Beet


     It’s quite possible that I have just created the healthiest smoothie I’ve ever made.  Being home from my trip has been great.  Unfortunately all of that driving in the car has gotten me feeling bloated.  In honor of my “travel bloat” I decided to make a grapefruit smoothie.  Grapefruit is known to fight the bloat and act as a natural cleanser.  Grapefruit smoothies are often a treat in our household but today I decided to go even more nutritious by adding a raw beet as well.
     After living in Russia for some time, I somehow fell in love with beets.  Beets are not only delicious in borsht or boiled and chopped into a beet salad but they also are highly nutritious.  They are a huge source of fiber, rich in potassium, iron and other vital vitamins.  They are low in calories yet, rich in nutrients, cleanse toxins from the body and nourish the bloodstream.


     A few more ingredients were added to my grapefruit & beet smoothie for some flavor and more vitamins.  They include: 1 frozen banana, 1 carrot, 5 frozen strawberries, agave, & ice

It turned out gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment